Sharks

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
You can hide a pretty big shark in waist deep water. I’ve caught six foot long black tips in the gulf while people were swimming within 30-40 yards. Creeps me the hell out.
Guy that has taken me fishing a few times that guides told me he caught an 11 foot tiger shark right outside of the swimming area at Lido just north of Sarasota. Pulled their boat right through the swimming area into the shallow. Said he also caught a huge hammerhead, can’t remember how big, about 100 yds off the jetties in Venice.

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
I can't go past waist deep from seaweed scaring the shit out of me. That one incident ruined me for life. Just feet away when I saw it out of the corner of my eye and I immediately accepted I was shark food.
My little girl hates seaweed. Fish can swim by and she don’t care, seaweed bumps against her and she freaks out.

00noturkey

12 pointer
Oct 31, 2011
High Grove
i'm a terrible person, sometimes i think what if there were gators in the river, where those illegals cross over. into this country. i bet the natives think something like this also. got invaded, only to get invaded again.
the white supremacist are at the top of the food chain, so to speak. but, anybody below, can be exterminated, and will be, to stay at the top.
i think anybody who survives this once if/it happens, if it does, will not count for the useful idiots that serve. just not needed anymore. excess baggage.

east_ky_hunter

8 pointer
Aug 29, 2010
East Ky
I did that everyday, every time I went until I was mid 40's. Summer of '81, me and my GF's brother bought snorkel gear and swam the erosion barriers at Sanibel/Captiva all day, everyday, getting Conch shells and selling them. Getting $10 a pop, and had people waiting on the beach. I pulled up over on barrier in about 10' of water to go down the other side to pull a shell out. I came face to face with a 6 footish shark. Scared the begeezus out of me. Eric and I made over $400 each that week. There are still 3 of those shells at mom and dad's I brought back for mom.

I'm in ft Myers as I'm typing this. Found this two days ago. I'm might have to check out those erosion barriers. Thanks for the tip.

IMG_20220805_075124_(1000_x_750_pixel).jpg

IMG_20220805_075140_(1000_x_750_pixel).jpg

Nock

12 pointer
Sep 9, 2012
Butler co
I’ve always wanted to go out to those sandbars but never have. Should’ve done it when I was younger. I think about stuff to much now.

east_ky_hunter

8 pointer
Aug 29, 2010
East Ky
Previously I'd be too drunk to give a sheet. Since I quit drinking, I'm a little bit skittish when something touches my leg but I still venture out.
Went shark fishing Wednesday. Had 3 runs but didn't catch a damn thing and all the captain talked about was his ex wife. Biggest waste of money in my life. Had 3 fishing trips booked. First was great, caught snapper, snook and redfish. Shark trip was a waste and the one today was cancelled.

Bill Nagle

Spike
Jun 25, 2019
Menifee County, KY
a couple years ago the wife got me a shark dive trip for Christmas ( she wasn't trying to get me eaten ,it was something i wanted to do ) well what she did not know ...... i had it set up to be cageless , we swam with 10 or so bull sharks ........ and nobody died ..... it was very cool and i highly recommend it....

Last edited:

Tankt

12 pointer
Dec 26, 2019
Kentucky
a couple years ago he wife got me a shark dive trip for Christmas ( she wasn't trying to get me eaten ,it was something i wanted to do ) well what she did not know ...... i had it set up to be cageless , we swam with 10 or so bull sharks ........ and nobody died ..... it was very cool and i highly recommend it....
Hard pass on that

AndySchulte

6 pointer
Jun 18, 2020
Louisville, Kentucky
We were in myrtle beach a few years ago. My brother in law, wife and I were out in water up to our waist and We saw what looked like a massive shark like 20 feet away. I haven’t been in the ocean since.

In reality, it was probably just a 5 footer or something. Sharks freak me out

Drahts

12 pointer
Apr 7, 2015
KY
Yeah you can have that hot stank in place called the beach. Wife loves it, I stay home and take care of the critters. She's been trying to get me to go for years, doesn't appeal to me at all. Freshwater lake, farm or mountains that's my jam! When she wants to go I tell her go!

Zeb

8 pointer
May 20, 2008
Prospect, KY
We were in myrtle beach a few years ago. My brother in law, wife and I were out in water up to our waist and We saw what looked like a massive shark like 20 feet away. I haven’t been in the ocean since.

In reality, it was probably just a 5 footer or something. Sharks freak me out
It's been several years ago but we were fishing off of the pier at myrtle beach and saw several good sized sharks very close to swimmers. My son hooked into a small fish of some kind and a big one grabbed it while he was reeling it in. Ha, the drag on that ragged out rental rod was screaming until the line broke.