Slow Taxedrmist

cedar creek

10 pointer
Sep 7, 2014
Have 2 squirrels and a rio grand turkey guy had had for 2:3 year now, he won’t answer his phone and I have paid him , what do I do? Understand things or slow but really think I’m getting the shaft

carnivore

12 pointer
Nov 17, 2007
Ky
Have 2 squirrels and a rio grand turkey guy had had for 2:3 year now, he won’t answer his phone and I have paid him , what do I do? Understand things or slow but really think I’m getting the shaft
Go talk face to face, and be calm.
He may not have even started yet, be ready for that reality. (Hopefully its close) Decide before hand what you want and deem acceptable and what isn’t. If he wants time to complete it tell him you want a date (reasonable) to be agreed upon with consequences.

Only happened to me once on a deer and was the only time i paid upfront took 3+ years. Doing this seems nice but cuts off their only motivation for timeliness. When you do that they make more money working on someone else’s deer (that didnt pay upfront) rather than yours

Guy i used before that said he wouldn’t take payment upfront because customers think they own you. He was under a year.

Last guy took two years but told me upfront he was behind and was responsive. He got it done when he said he would.

Most of you are probably wondering why anyone would take your deer to someone that would take more than a year. The timely guys up here or $550-800 for a deer. And the people that take two years or more charge 350 to 400

Last edited:

1wildcatfan

12 pointer
Jan 2, 2009
raised n Bullitt Co.
Who is it? Fella In Leitchfield has had my sons first turkey for 2 1/2 yrs now. I left a deposit. May call him and go get beard, spurs and deposit back. He does answer text.