Slow Taxedrmist

clovis67

6 pointer
Aug 16, 2008
Local Taxidermist in Western Ky has a contract that the customer is supposed to read and sign.. at the very bottom of page it states that customers can expect up to an 18 month turnaround time. Same taxidermist aids/ encourages “ certain preferred “ customers to kill/ poach additional bucks so long as they are planning on bringing them to him to be mounted…

FF/EMT516

10 pointer
Nov 22, 2020
Caneyville, Ky
Local Taxidermist in Western Ky has a contract that the customer is supposed to read and sign.. at the very bottom of page it states that customers can expect up to an 18 month turnaround time. Same taxidermist aids/ encourages “ certain preferred “ customers to kill/ poach additional bucks so long as they are planning on bringing them to him to be mounted…
See I don’t get the thrill behind killing a big buck out of season or with a spotlight. If I kill a big one I don’t want to have to lie about how it was done.

CalebConn16

8 pointer
May 27, 2016
See I don’t get the thrill behind killing a big buck out of season or with a spotlight. If I kill a big one I don’t want to have to lie about how it was done.
Guy I went to high school with shot a scrub with his bow and bragged about it all over Facebook. Couple weeks later he shot a freaky cow horn cactus looking buck I mean a straight up gnarly looking thing and posted it too. He removed that buck but both of them got mounted. First comment was “buddy I didn’t know we got to kill 2 bucks”

Little FR

12 pointer
Nov 10, 2021
West Kentucky
You don’t get the thrill? You ever been chased by the gamewarden at 2am hopped up on who knows what with your mullet blowing out the driver window of an Iroc Z with a deer riding shotgun shoved down the passenger t-top?

That’s living man.
F8CCC30B-4A64-43D9-A393-4852FCD63A6A.jpeg

clovis67

6 pointer
Aug 16, 2008
I totally agree with you…I see no reason to go beyond the legal fair chase hunting methods to harvest an animal.And I sure don’t agree with the money hungry taxidermist who aids /encourages certain customers in the poaching of any animal either… but that Almighty $$$buck$$$ causes some folks to do strange things…

KyDeere

Fawn
Nov 16, 2022
Essie, KY
Having the same issue right now with a local taxidermist that has always been great. Took my gf’s daughter’s first deer to him last year. He called while I was on vacation and said he needed full payment because too many people were not paying. So I paid it. Said it would be a few more weeks. Called around a month later and he said he had Covid and had just gotten back to work so it would be two more weeks. A month later and still nothing. Something smells fishy to me.
I know the taxidermist you speak of. He has done 2 deer and 3 fish for me in the past 10 years, always been great. Took him my buck last year on opening weekend of rifle, first it was to be finished in February, He called me while on was on vacation 7/4 as well, giving me the same story about people stiffing him on mounts and not being able to get certain things because of covid, asked for the rest of the money and said he would start soon as it was received and finished within two weeks. Not a peep and ignored all communication until October when he gave me the covid/sick story, I was once again given a two week finish date, I showed up at his shop without calling, shop was locked he came out of his house an told me Halloween finish date, I called on Halloween and he promised me it would be complete prior to rifle opener this year, still no word. I don't smother over much, I really could care less how long it takes, however the lies and not communicating is unacceptable, I killed a nice 9 this year on opening day and he would have had it as well but I went elsewhere with it. He has also used all the same excuses with one of my friends and he hasn't gotten any answers yet.

FF/EMT516

10 pointer
Nov 22, 2020
Caneyville, Ky
I know the taxidermist you speak of. He has done 2 deer and 3 fish for me in the past 10 years, always been great. Took him my buck last year on opening weekend of rifle, first it was to be finished in February, He called me while on was on vacation 7/4 as well, giving me the same story about people stiffing him on mounts and not being able to get certain things because of covid, asked for the rest of the money and said he would start soon as it was received and finished within two weeks. Not a peep and ignored all communication until October when he gave me the covid/sick story, I was once again given a two week finish date, I showed up at his shop without calling, shop was locked he came out of his house an told me Halloween finish date, I called on Halloween and he promised me it would be complete prior to rifle opener this year, still no word. I don't smother over much, I really could care less how long it takes, however the lies and not communicating is unacceptable, I killed a nice 9 this year on opening day and he would have had it as well but I went elsewhere with it. He has also used all the same excuses with one of my friends and he hasn't gotten any answers yet.
I think I know who you’re talking about, over on 54? If so my cousin was going to take one there.

east_ky_hunter

10 pointer
Aug 29, 2010
East Ky

My gf’s daughter killed a decent 8 this year. We took it somewhere else. My business will be going elsewhere in the future.

Latest posts