Spooked buck, how long they gone for?

EdLongshanks

12 pointer
Nov 16, 2013
Northern Kentucky
I had a buddy shoot a buck chasing a doe. Hit him in the hind leg. Not a good situation but the same buck was sighted coming out of the same creek bed in exactly the same original fashion 3 days later. He was then mortally shot coming out of the same creek bed in the exact same fashion 8 days after originally being shot. Too many variables to count.

KYBOY

12 pointer
Apr 21, 2005
Floyd,co..Kentucky
This one was chasing a doe and I flat out spooked it, greenhorn mistake on my part. It walked away up over the ridge,not ran. just trotted away

KYBOY

12 pointer
Apr 21, 2005
Floyd,co..Kentucky
I know, I'm very curious as to how he managed to spook one chasing a doe.
Leaving off the hill and the doe came running right around the point right at me.. Nice 8 point came running right after her. The doe veered off and took up the ridge. The buck , whirled around and then stopped about 75 yards away staring right at me. No clear shot, too much brush and limbs. He just turned his tale up and trotted away but never had a decent shot..
They literally ran over me,LOL

Last edited:

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
Biggest buck I’ve killed was chasing does and I was lucky he heard me grunt and circle back. That was 2010. Opening day of gun this year in that nasty mess, saw a nice buck chasing a doe and grunted 2-3 times loudly and he never let up. Eye was on the prize. Probably would’ve ran right over someone if they were in his way.

bgkyarcher

12 pointer
Aug 23, 2011
BG
Leaving off the hill and the doe came running right around the point right at me.. Nice 8 point came running right after her. The doe veered off and took up the ridge. The buck , whirled around and then stopped about 75 yards away staring right at me. No clear shot, too much brush and limbs. He just turned his tale up and trotted away but never had a decent shot..
They literally ran over me,LOL
He's not spooked. He will go wherever she goes until he sticks her a time or three.

Latest posts