The Flu? What?! No way.

bigbonner

12 pointer
Aug 5, 2015
Knocked my ass for a week, and I mean off my feet. Recovering well now.
I hope it ain't too easy to catch. My grandson was here, and he was in our bed and in my recliner, all bundled up in quilts.
After he left, I took the bedding and threw it all in the dryer hoping it would kill the germs.

Back in 2010 I caught something, and I went down and stayed there for three weeks. I would never get sick but that time it put a whooping on me. I laid in bed and closed the door. All I wanted to do was throw up and sleep. I had just put a bunch of deer jerky in to marinate and when I went down my son and wife put it on the dehydrator. The smell filled the house and It made me sicker. After I got over whatever it was, I had I could not touch jerky for a couple years.

barney

12 pointer
Oct 11, 2005
I hope it ain't too easy to catch. My grandson was here, and he was in our bed and in my recliner, all bundled up in quilts.
After he left, I took the bedding and threw it all in the dryer hoping it would kill the germs.

Back in 2010 I caught something, and I went down and stayed there for three weeks. I would never get sick but that time it put a whooping on me. I laid in bed and closed the door. All I wanted to do was throw up and sleep. I had just put a bunch of deer jerky in to marinate and when I went down my son and wife put it on the dehydrator. The smell filled the house and It made me sicker. After I got over whatever it was, I had I could not touch jerky for a couple years.
Yep, It's that kind of ol' fashion sick. Smells of any kind make you nauseous. Just now eatin after a couple of weeks but don't crave anything.

I had two rounds the last two weeks I just started to recover from a few days ago. Bad sinus infection and coughing my head off first, got over that a couple days then woke up at 4 am with the absolute worst blow out diarrhea of my lifetime and it continued that way every 30 minutes to an hour for the next 2 days. Puked up a quart of the stinkiest, yellow bile on top of it.

wolverine1

12 pointer
Oct 19, 2004
breckinridge county
Guess I've been lucky, no flu since I was a teenager and I guess at some point I had Covid because I lost my smell for a short time. Very RARELY get sick with anything.

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
Just heard on TV. “Worst Flu season since 2009.” If so, I guess we’ll be shutting everything down for the Flu since it’s been killing hundreds of thousands annually for years. Or not…I mean it’s just the flu and not that devil Covid.

for me the regular flu is about 10,000 times worse than my bout with covid. Not the case with everyone but most people I know said the same.
Lots of people call severe colds “the flu” but like you say, the real deal influenza virus will knock you flat on your tail. You will know you have it without being told. The Chinese, Wuhan, Commie loving flu was a walk in the park in comparison for me.

bigbonner

12 pointer
Aug 5, 2015
Touchy subject but how many of you take the flu shots every year?
We haven't taken any, but the flu shots have been around for a long time, and some say they work.

Latest posts