Tire Prices!

reivertom

12 pointer
Dec 17, 2007
Greenup Co.
The tires on my 2001 Tundra are 9 years old starting to dry rot and have little cracks all over them. They aren't worn out, so I kept putting it off. I finally decided to get while the getting's good and bought a new set. The fellow I know at the tire shop said they expect some big tire price jumps when the current batch is sold and the newer production hits the market. He said the Michelins I bought could go up as much as 50 or more bucks a tire in the next 6 to 8 months. It all is tied to oil prices. You'd better get them now if you think you'll need some in the next few years!

davers

12 pointer
Jul 14, 2014
Kentucky
Last December, I had to buy four new tires (Michelins) for my RAV-4. These new tires cost me over $900!!

Little FR

12 pointer
Nov 10, 2021
West Kentucky
The cheapest 35” tires I can find in an MT for my truck are $1000. The tires I have on it are $1600 now (up from $1400) I need tires but no way I can swing that now. I have a set of 33’s I may slap on it for now.

Tankt

12 pointer
Dec 26, 2019
Kentucky
The tires on my 2001 Tundra are 9 years old starting to dry rot and have little cracks all over them. They aren't worn out, so I kept putting it off. I finally decided to get while the getting's good and bought a new set. The fellow I know at the tire shop said they expect some big tire price jumps when the current batch is sold and the newer production hits the market. He said the Michelins I bought could go up as much as 50 or more bucks a tire in the next 6 to 8 months. It all is tied to oil prices. You'd better get them now if you think you'll need some in the next few years!
Pointless bc they will dry rot

reivertom

12 pointer
Dec 17, 2007
Greenup Co.
Pointless bc they will dry rot
I was referring to his comment about buying now for needing them a few years down the road.
I didn't say buy them 5 years ahead, just if you think you'll need them in the next 6 or 8 months, you'd better get them now. Maybe I wasn't clear the way I said it. If you do buy ahead, you can keep them out of the weather and sunlight, and they will last much longer than on a vehicle. I've known people that have winter tires that are pretty old ( for tires) that they run only for a few months a year and the last quite a while in storage compared to ones kept on year round. The ones I just replaced only started to show their age last Fall after 8 years and 40,000 miles. (garage kept) I just buy M/S for our cars and they work for most conditions.

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
That’s pretty good life, 9 years. Even with Toyota’s buy 3 get 1 free tire deals it still cost me a pretty penny to put tires on my Tundra.

carnivore

12 pointer
Nov 17, 2007
Ky
Just dropped $2400 on tires between me and the wife’s suv. Lets go Brandon!
1EF6C0EC-89B4-479D-A4C6-4478EB60BCA5.jpeg

carnivore

12 pointer
Nov 17, 2007
Ky
The cheapest 35” tires I can find in an MT for my truck are $1000. The tires I have on it are $1600 now (up from $1400) I need tires but no way I can swing that now. I have a set of 33’s I may slap on it for now.
Nitto, or BFG?

Latest posts