Tool talk

Mainbeam

12 pointer
Jul 7, 2012
Seems to be a lot of construction talk going on lately. What is your favorite brand of battery tools? I run 95 percent dewalt but fixing to furnish another trailer and looking at different brands. Looking at Milwaukee and Flex brand. Dewalt has been decent. I don’t like the skill saw. Heavy ass chunk of lead imo. Looking for good battery life. Lightweight is a plus. And something with a decent warranty. We are RUFF on equipment.

carnivore

12 pointer
Nov 17, 2007
Ky
Ridgid, lifetime warranty on tools and BATTERIES if you register them properly. Process is a bit of a pain in the ass at first. When my batteries die i get new ones free. When my tools die, they fix or replace. Milwaukee are tougher but they are expensive and dont replace 4 life like ridgid. Cant beat em for aggressive homeowner use. I have 6 batteries am on round 3 on 2 of them and round 2 on 1. The other 3 are original and 5-8 years old.

Pros (every day commercial use) should be using Milwaukee. Their tools will last 2-3x as long thus are cheaper for all day everyday use.

I spent soooo much money on craftsman crap batteries after acquiring all their cordless 19.2 tools. Never again.

Last edited:

aaronc

12 pointer
Jul 21, 2009
Leitchfield
When I buy more I'm probably going with Milwaukee....but Dewalt seems to always be a safe no brainer choice. I've got some Bosch stuff I really like too, not sure if they even offer all the battery tools though. I'm also a piddler and don't use them everyday like the contractors here do.

ribsplitter

Cyber-Hunter
Jan 19, 2004
Greenup, ky, USA.
We have damn near every battery tool Milwaukee makes. We are very rough on equipment out in the field. They seem to stand up to it all as we have very little if any problems. We settled on Milwaukee after going through some others over the years.
IMG_20220923_070229182_resize_8.jpg

cdalle6

6 pointer
Sep 13, 2009
KY
I’m a Dewalt guy cuz Dad is. My father in law is a Milwaukee man. I don’t think either of those are a wrong answer.

Jmd

6 pointer
Sep 26, 2016
Seems to be a lot of construction talk going on lately. What is your favorite brand of battery tools? I run 95 percent dewalt but fixing to furnish another trailer and looking at different brands. Looking at Milwaukee and Flex brand. Dewalt has been decent. I don’t like the skill saw. Heavy ass chunk of lead imo. Looking for good battery life. Lightweight is a plus. And something with a decent warranty. We are RUFF on equipment.
What ever you do ,DO NOT buy Dewalt batteries on line. JUNK.

Little FR

12 pointer
Nov 10, 2021
West Kentucky
We use Milwaukee at work. The batteries hold up pretty good and last. When you do something stupid with the tools and tear it up they are cheap enough to replace.

We had Dewalt for my first 8 years there. They were good/tough tools but the batteries were terrible. They wouldn’t hold a charge after a while and batteries cost a fortune.

Mainbeam

12 pointer
Jul 7, 2012
What ever you do ,DO NOT buy Dewalt batteries on line. JUNK.
My dewalts are the 20v XR. Bout four years old and have been great. ( other than the heavy skillsaw.) they’ve came out with the power stack batteries on there new line. But I’m thinking I’ll keep my trailer now equipped with dewalt and go red (Milwaukee ) on my new trailer.

Mainbeam

12 pointer
Jul 7, 2012
Now the next problem I see with my setup….. CORDS!!!!!!! I new a couple reels kinda like my air hose reel. Wonder if I could modify a air house reel to work with electrical cords? I need one reel to hold a cord that powers the outlets lights and air compressor inside the trailer. Another to roll out to service our workstation outside the homes I work on. (Chopsaw and anything else electric we may need. ) cords stay in a damn mess all the time and takes a ton of time to roll em up and store at quitting time every day.

NOCAMST

6 pointer
Oct 9, 2017
Central ky
I have a Milwaukee set on my work truck, dewalt in my personal truck and kobalt in my workshop. I’d say dewalt is number one for price and tool selection then next would be Milwaukee which in my opinion is overall the best tool and then also my kobalt set has been great but not as good of a selection but lowes has great warranty as well.

predator1

12 pointer
Dec 25, 2008
Glasgow,Ky
Ridgid, lifetime warranty on tools and BATTERIES if you register them properly. Process is a bit of a pain in the ass at first. When my batteries die i get new ones free. When my tools die, they fix or replace. Milwaukee are tougher but they are expensive and dont replace 4 life like ridgid. Cant beat em for aggressive homeowner use. I have 6 batteries am on round 3 on 2 of them and round 2 on 1. The other 3 are original and 5-8 years old.

Pros (every day commercial use) should be using Milwaukee. Their tools will last 2-3x as long thus are cheaper for all day everyday use.

I spent soooo much money on craftsman crap batteries after acquiring all their cordless 19.2 tools. Never again.
This! Great power tools. I am slowly replacing all of my tools with Rigid because of their warranty. All power tools, batteries and chargers have a lifetime warranty. I actually had to use their warranty recently for a new cordless tire inflator. The digital gauge wasn’t accurate. Contacted customer service and 5 minutes later a new one was on its way. Received the replacement 3 days later. I asked if I needed to send the other one back. They told me to toss it in the trash. So now I have 2 tire inflators.

KYBOY

12 pointer
Apr 21, 2005
Floyd,co..Kentucky
Milwaukee... I have two impacts, one of them the high torque.. Its a beast and I have the strongest hand held drill they make..The 2804 I think, you can mix concrete with it and it wont even get warm..I use my smaller impact for construction,fence work and light automotive work.. It will drive hundreds of big screws and a ton of lag bolts on a charge.. Ive used Milwaukees warranty one time on a 9" grinder. they paid to ship it, fixed it and shipped back..
Cant say enough good about thier battery tools

ribsplitter

Cyber-Hunter
Jan 19, 2004
Greenup, ky, USA.
Milwaukee... I have two impacts, one of them the high torque.. Its a beast and I have the strongest hand held drill they make..The 2804 I think, you can mix concrete with it and it wont even get warm..I use my smaller impact for construction,fence work and light automotive work.. It will drive hundreds of big screws and a ton of lag bolts on a charge.. Ive used Milwaukees warranty one time on a 9" grinder. they paid to ship it, fixed it and shipped back..
Cant say enough good about thier battery tools
Their impacts are best in the business. My only negative so far is the medium size bandsaw. De Walt just has a better overall design IMO.

Latest posts