Tool talk

KYBOY

12 pointer
Apr 21, 2005
Floyd,co..Kentucky
Their impacts are best in the business. My only negative so far is the medium size bandsaw. De Walt just has a better overall design IMO.
I will agree, dewalts bandsaws are the best and ive used at least 3 brands(dewalt angle grinders are also very good,corded anyway)).. Ive owned a dewalt saw for a long time and its cut miles of steel.. But yea, the impacts are just that good.. I didnt know a battery impact could do the things they do until i got milwaukees

BikerTrash22

6 pointer
Nov 18, 2015
Rosine, Rineyville, Hudson
I run a construction supply store and we work on most brands. We sell Bosch, Dewalt and Metabo. Bosch has great tools, but their lineup is small. Dewalt has great tools and they have a much bigger line. We sell them 3-1over Bosch. Milwaukee tools are on par with the others, we just don't have their line. It is really hard to get parts for them also. Really can't go wrong with any commercial grade tools. Ryobi and rigid are home owner grade, but if thats all you need.

Tankt

12 pointer
Dec 26, 2019
Kentucky
Cool thread. I have a set of 18v Dewalt tools but batteries don't work anymore. New ones were sky high so I bought a $30 battery off ebay to try it out. It works great and I plan to buy 2-3 more.

But am I itching for a 20v kit bad

beauhunter41031

12 pointer
Jan 1, 2018
Cynthiana, Ky
Cool thread. I have a set of 18v Dewalt tools but batteries don't work anymore. New ones were sky high so I bought a $30 battery off ebay to try it out. It works great and I plan to buy 2-3 more.

But am I itching for a 20v kit bad

Been running dewit for years I’ve got the adapter plate that puts new 20 batteries on the old 18 V tools that I still keep in the shop.. I can’t give great advice because I’m not really using cordless tools everyday dor a living. anything that goes down hard-core has an air hose attached to it or plugged in the wall, however if I was buying new cordless toolsMilwaukee is where it imo They’re bigger impacts kick the dog shit out of anybody else. I am interested about the rigid tools that @carnivore is speaking about. sounds like a pretty good deal there

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
They don’t really have “heavy” stuff but Worx makes nice stuff. I got a trimmer/edger, a sander, and a power sprayer. Get on their mailing and they’ll send deals a couple times per month.

carnivore

12 pointer
Nov 17, 2007
Ky
Been running dewit for years I’ve got the adapter plate that puts new 20 batteries on the old 18 V tools that I still keep in the shop.. I can’t give great advice because I’m not really using cordless tools everyday dor a living. anything that goes down hard-core has an air hose attached to it or plugged in the wall, however if I was buying new cordless toolsMilwaukee is where it imo They’re bigger impacts kick the dog shit out of anybody else. I am interested about the rigid tools that @carnivore is speaking about. sounds like a pretty good deal there

Carl

12 pointer
Dec 1, 2003
Western Kentucky
Now the next problem I see with my setup….. CORDS!!!!!!! I new a couple reels kinda like my air hose reel. Wonder if I could modify a air house reel to work with electrical cords? I need one reel to hold a cord that powers the outlets lights and air compressor inside the trailer. Another to roll out to service our workstation outside the homes I work on. (Chopsaw and anything else electric we may need. ) cords stay in a damn mess all the time and takes a ton of time to roll em up and store at quitting time every day.
Try harbor freight.

riverboss

12 pointer
Jan 26, 2009
northern ky
All of us at work use Milwaukee we have about ever tool they make, they are bad ass!
Dewalt don't hold up for the kind of abuse we put them threw only impacts that I have seen better are the ones from snap ons but they are way to over priced.
I keep a half in impact in my vehical and have stopped and changed people's tires on the side of the road alot it's very fast compared to a lug wrench in the rain.

EdLongshanks

12 pointer
Nov 16, 2013
Northern Kentucky
All of us at work use Milwaukee we have about ever tool they make, they are bad ass!
Dewalt don't hold up for the kind of abuse we put them threw only impacts that I have seen better are the ones from snap ons but they are way to over priced.
I keep a half in impact in my vehical and have stopped and changed people's tires on the side of the road alot it's very fast compared to a lug wrench in the rain.
Disagree with the durability of Dewalt tools.

barney

12 pointer
Oct 11, 2005
I use a mish mash of tool brands. My DeWalt drill and driver have really impressed me. Been using them with the original batteries since December 2015. Started noticing a slight decline in the batteries this year, but they are still driving 3" screws all day long.

Latest posts