12 pointer
Oct 29, 2004
Earth
bow hunting1.jpg

Little FR

12 pointer
Nov 10, 2021
West Kentucky
I used to hate the modern compound hunters. Took me several years but I finally met 2 that weren’t jerks about it. Met 1 more in the 20 years since 🤣

Carpdaddy

12 pointer
May 12, 2016
Corbin, Ky
I have been on many hunting trips with compound and crossbow hunters, I don’t mind what they use, they don’t mind me. There use to be some teasing back and forth in early years but we earned each other’s respect. Now the subject rarely comes up, we just hunt, and talk hunting, and eat plenty!,

grinder

12 pointer
Oct 28, 2003
harrodsburg, ky, USA.
I have been on many hunting trips with compound and crossbow hunters, I don’t mind what they use, they don’t mind me. There use to be some teasing back and forth in early years but we earned each other’s respect. Now the subject rarely comes up, we just hunt, and talk hunting, and eat plenty!,
I’ll attest to the eat plenty….. 🤦‍♂️

grinder

12 pointer
Oct 28, 2003
harrodsburg, ky, USA.
I dont like the different factions squabbling over who is the purist, who is the best who is the whatever.
I concede that compound hunters can outshoot, out penetrate, and kill at longer distances, and the crossbows are phenomenal in what they can do, but none of it really matters to me. We all hunt with what we like. Thats good enough. The anti hunters give us enough bad press, we dont need to do it to each other.

Last edited:

Carpdaddy

12 pointer
May 12, 2016
Corbin, Ky
I agree totally Randy. The fussing against other hunters just feeds the anti bunch. I’m happy with the limits I have placed upon myself, but it’s not for everyone. No one is obligated to hunt like anyone else.

Latest posts