Trailer axle parts

grinder

10 pointer
Oct 28, 2003
harrodsburg, ky, USA.
100% my fault, took the popup camper for a lengthy camping trip, didnt check the bearings, long story short, cooked a bearing, and ruined the hub before catching it. Scrounged around and came up with bearings and races enough to get me home, but hub needs replacing. Its a 2000# axle, with 5 lugs, but brake drums, which 2 different places has told me, a rare beast. Got one ordered, but will be 2 weeks. Anybody got suggestions of a good supplier? If i could find one would go ahead and get road ready, and keep the other when it gets here for a spare to keep in trailer, ready to swap quick. I was about 4 hours repairing other as bearing removal was tough, and parts were an hour round trip away. Worth it to me to have a spare.

carnivore

12 pointer
Nov 17, 2007
Ky
Following… i need an axle and suspension for my 5x8 but not sure where to pick something sturdy up cheap.

timer

12 pointer
Feb 20, 2013
La Grange
Did you try that place that is just south of the Bluegrass Pkwy on 127? The guy there has helped me a couple of times and he's seen a lot of trailers. He might be able to help you find what you need.

bird whisperer

12 pointer
Aug 16, 2012
Hog Town USA
100% my fault, took the popup camper for a lengthy camping trip, didnt check the bearings, long story short, cooked a bearing, and ruined the hub before catching it. Scrounged around and came up with bearings and races enough to get me home, but hub needs replacing. Its a 2000# axle, with 5 lugs, but brake drums, which 2 different places has told me, a rare beast. Got one ordered, but will be 2 weeks. Anybody got suggestions of a good supplier? If i could find one would go ahead and get road ready, and keep the other when it gets here for a spare to keep in trailer, ready to swap quick. I was about 4 hours repairing other as bearing removal was tough, and parts were an hour round trip away. Worth it to me to have a spare.
Did you check here?

trailer parts and sales, lawrenceburg 502-839-9350 M-F

grinder

10 pointer
Oct 28, 2003
harrodsburg, ky, USA.
Did you try that place that is just south of the Bluegrass Pkwy on 127? The guy there has helped me a couple of times and he's seen a lot of trailers. He might be able to help you find what you need.
First place i went. Then tractor supply, then a trailer place in frankfort that reffered me to Denny’s saying ‘he would be the only one that could help me.

ScoutMan

6 pointer
Oct 18, 2004
BG
I have ordered items from etrailer.com. They have a large selection and pretty good customer service.

Latest posts