UK basketball

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
I don’t keep up with the Cats like some of you but the other day I was just clicking on links and read something I thought was interesting. Evidently there’s a sports writer that has followed Cal at different schools throughout his career. He said if Cal doesn’t at least make an Elite 8 run this year that next year would be his last season. Not that UK would fire him but he’d be looking to leave. Personally, I’ve always said I think he’d like 1 more turn at the NBA. Of course he’s no spring chicken anymore.

Last edited:

bgkyarcher

12 pointer
Aug 23, 2011
BG
The offense is unwatchable. The defense is atrocious. Uk needs to make cal the program head. Allow him to recruit and form the team. Let him handle the big picture program type stuff. His assistant coaches need to be managing the games. This is silly
The assistants never talk. They're not allowed to. Cal is OZ, all seeing, all knowing.

KYote-Krusher

12 pointer
Jan 12, 2006
South Central Kentucky
The offense is unwatchable. The defense is atrocious. Uk needs to make cal the program head. Allow him to recruit and form the team. Let him handle the big picture program type stuff. His assistant coaches need to be managing the games. This is silly.

Yes Sir, I don't claim to know much about basketball in general and maybe even less about the in's and out's of The University of Kentucky basketball but I do know something about salaries for services rendered and based on his team's performances over the last several years, John Calipari is NOT worth anywhere near $9,000,000.00 ++ per year .... not even close.

The AD should be fired for offering him the ridiculous long term contract (not to mention hiring Stoops) and since they're already committed to a buyout, rather than pay it, as you suggested, they should give Cal a little office in the gym somewhere and tell him to sit there, maybe do a little recruiting and shut up (especially during games) ... until he croaks or his contract is finally up. Then give him the boot!

NINE MILLION DOLLARS A YEAR for WHAT??

Jmd

6 pointer
Sep 26, 2016
Yeah he’s too stubborn. This is clearly not working and he is being over paid for his performance. The university needs to make some kind of change. One way or another.
If it were not for Oscar and free throws in the first half we would be at single digits. Heard that cal said in the after game show that he had plays for them to run. Poppycock!!!! dribblr, dribble ,dribble, so fun to watch.:mad::mad:😂

JR in KY

12 pointer
Jan 25, 2006
The Occupied South
That's a lot of money to piss away, but had y'all rather they gave it to the Commie Professors that are Brainwashing our Kids?
That being said, Calapari is as Left Wing Radical as they come.

Velvet ears

10 pointer
Nov 6, 2013
West KY
Next 2 games should be gimme games. Then we have Michigan in London, England. Will the Cats show up? I think it will be a close game with the Cats coming out on top by 6. The outcome for the UCLA game isn't looking great unless something changes.

Latest posts