VPA Broadheads

ChrisInKY

Fawn
Nov 7, 2019
Fort Knox
After watching this review, I picked up a pack of these for $72 up at KYGunCo. This is the bad one of the three. Had a chunk missing from both sides near the tip. Probably can't take out that big groove down at the bottom of the blade without removing way more metal than I want to.

VPA 150gr BH.jpg

The other two from the pack look pretty good in comparison. They're nowhere near sharp, but I ain't complaining about that either. They all need to be sharpened after making sure they fly straight.

I'll post another set of pictures after I fly 'em and get 'em all sharpened back up.

Oldrook

6 pointer
Jul 19, 2020
Soky
After watching this review, I picked up a pack of these for $72 up at KYGunCo. This is the bad one of the three. Had a chunk missing from both sides near the tip. Probably can't take out that big groove down at the bottom of the blade without removing way more metal than I want to.

View attachment 103656

The other two from the pack look pretty good in comparison. They're nowhere near sharp, but I ain't complaining about that either. They all need to be sharpened after making sure they fly straight.

I'll post another set of pictures after I fly 'em and get 'em all sharpened back up.
Where those vented or non vented?

ChrisInKY

Fawn
Nov 7, 2019
Fort Knox
Yeah that looks like a hunk of junk. I’d rather go buy some two dollar Walmart broadheads Then support a company that lets shit like that go through the door
Weekend blew past me. Will hopefully get back to sharpening 'em this evening. and test flying 'em before Saturday.

I think some folks do 'get it', that when you hit a certain price-point a quality control slip is going to hurt your company's reputation. I doubt I'll ever shoot three broadheads (of any manufacturer) on any day hunting. I paid the retail price for three and only got two good ones.

Last edited:

ChrisInKY

Fawn
Nov 7, 2019
Fort Knox
Sharpened two of 'em to show you.

Side-By-Side.jpg

The steel is really hard. Gave up trying to remove the gouging. Measured weight went from 152.2 grains to 150.8
Backside.jpg

Worked the pitting out.
No Pitting.jpg

Both are beyond hair-popping sharp. The one below weighed in at 152 grains. I gave it a hundred strokes on a 1000 grit stone and a thorough stropping. Now weighs 151.9 grains. Doesn't look like it in the pic, but that's a mirror edge.
Unflawed.jpg

Little FR

12 pointer
Nov 10, 2021
West Kentucky
If you are like me you sharpen up all your broadheads and strop them on leather, then strip on paper. Just to wind up shooting through a groundhog that happens to be standing in front of a rock.

I don’t buy expensive broadheads, maybe because I know myself too well.

beauhunter41031

12 pointer
Jan 1, 2018
Cynthiana, Ky
I’m genuinely curious why you would choose a broadhead like that. Are you by chance getting dropped off in the Yukon for five years and only allowed to take three broad heads and a sharpening stone? I’m sure they’re the toughest thing around but with the options available today just seems like a poor choice for ky deer imo

Last edited:

Latest posts