WHAT have YOU been doing Today??

KYBOY

12 pointer
Apr 21, 2005
Floyd,co..Kentucky
My log splitter has been acting up lately (my shoulders.)
I'm pickin up a new fangled splitter like yourn either tomorrow or Tuesday.
I used to really enjoy running my maul, but age and working like a Hebrew my whole life is starting to catch up I reckon. Both my shoulders feel like they have gravels and glass shards in em
Same reason I did, I had an accident several years back and it made it hard to use a maul or split by hand.. I could do it but not for any amount of time . I just broke down and bought one, I have to say its pretty nice..

Drahts

12 pointer
Apr 7, 2015
KY
I've had 5 knee surgeries and a shoulder surgery for a tumor that was benign that they found in pre scans for rotator cuff surgery they never did cause they got off on the tumor tangent. Anyhow couple years ago the shoulder started killing me, doc said surgery, I said lets try rehabbing it since I went bout 10-15 yrs tween the tumor surgery and that last bout. I got a cortisone shot in the shoulder and they ended up giving me one in my neck. Both helped a lot but the shoulder is starting up like a fire again so I guess I'll be going under the knife this winter.
But @Meatstick look at the Kinetic Wood Splitters. Cycle time is like 2 seconds. Two people can split about 2 cords an hour. I have a Woodmax, they don't make splitters anymore but it was bout $1700. It just flat gets it done, in one swipe! Now if your into drinking beer on the down stroke and up stroke you won't get that in a kinetic but....

bowhunter269

12 pointer
Nov 21, 2006
Fisherville, KY
I'm considering the cortisone shots. Supposed to help for a year at a time, but shuts down your natural cortisone production.
If it was up to me I'd install a couple grease fittins
Try the cortisone shot. I've had in both shoulders. It won't "fix" anything, but there is a chance it helps. I haven't had issues in years.....having said that, my right one is starting to act up again. Doc said only real fix is surgery, but like others I've heard it has the absolute worst recovery time and is brutally painful.

bigbonner

12 pointer
Aug 5, 2015
I'm considering the cortisone shots. Supposed to help for a year at a time, but shuts down your natural cortisone production.
I have had cortisone shots and they helped . My arms pop and crack at my shoulder joints. I cannot sleep on my side anymore because it gets my shoulder to hurting. My wife had them in her knees and it did nothing.

slobear

12 pointer
Nov 20, 2014
Trump town, USA
Go to a chiropractor. See if a band and exercise will work for you. Not sure of your issues but I was told I had to have surgery by three medical drs once, went to chiropractor and bought a $25.00 band. One month later and issues were resolved.

bigbonner

12 pointer
Aug 5, 2015
Cashed in an investment from earlier this year.

Just the right size. I love baked sweet potatoes with butter and brown sugar. I only get them at Thanksgiving and Christmas.
I seen some a few days ago that was as big as a football. I bet those have to be too tough to eat.
Fl0lnSz.png

Last edited: