What kind of shot string do you want in your duck load?

Drahts

12 pointer
Apr 7, 2015
KY
Saw a green jeans catch a guy shooting woodroes before season one time on a hunting club I was a visitor at. He had 3 stuffed down in his waders. Another guy had a buck he'd shot with a 22. Green Jeans was a happy man that day. Guy with deer got a $200 fine and lost his 22. Duck guy lost his gun, hunting privs for 2 years and over a grand. This was in the 70s.

Bee

10 pointer
Mar 14, 2005
Three guys were trespassing on a private pond they had accessed from a lake. Wardens called by landowner. Warden waiting at the launch. Guys has some lead shells laying in a boat well. Hunters claimed those were old shells and not used on the hunt. Warden wrote them up for possessing lead on a waterfowl hunt. $550 I think

hunt-4-life21

12 pointer
Sep 26, 2007
Butler Co.
I'm not taking 30 minutes to watch a video but I already know bismuth kills better than steel. Regardless of the shot string length, you hit them with bismuth and you have less cripples.

Born to Hunt

8 pointer
Oct 20, 2005
Edmonton, KY
I've seen the video and I like the guy's stuff. He seems pretty straight. I have never worried much about my shot string or type of shot. I'd buy that good stuff if I could hit one once in a while, but I figure I can miss with the cheap $hit as well as the good stuff.

DH13

12 pointer
Jan 13, 2012
Shelby county
Truth. I shoot #6 blindsides in the timber and #3 Dryloks everywhere else. Heavy metal #4’s was my bag but they priced me out.

Not sure what my shot string is BLAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
#6 blindside is all I use where ever I hunt. Kills like lead. Old days we shot 6 lead for Ducks 4s for Geese.

DH13

12 pointer
Jan 13, 2012
Shelby county
Wonder how that stacks up against the XPert. If I ever hit the lotto I’ll let y’all know.
I have shot and tried just about every kind of Duck loads made. Federal Remington Winchester Rio and more. From Bismuth to Tungston. I have shot Xpert for awhile to. Blindside #6s when I heard about it. At first I thought yeah right. When I tried it WOW wont use anything else now. Some of the guys I hunt with with some on here I turned them into blindside believers to.

B.M. Barrelcooker

12 pointer
Jan 12, 2006
Aintry,Ky
E6FB4A88-9E9E-4C58-93BB-D15CEDE02DCA.png

Latest posts