What's Wrong with our Military?

JR in KY

12 pointer
Jan 25, 2006
The Occupied South
This soldier died in Romania a couple days ago of a Heart Attack. He was doing PT, but it wasn't like a 12 mile Ruck March/Run or anything. He was a friend of my son (his unit) He said he saw the Medivac go out but thought it might be Training Nope.
My other Army son also knew him from Ft. Knox a year or so ago.
Our Army is Small....they all know each other....

Feedman

Cyber-Hunter
May 28, 2003
In the basement
This soldier died in Romania a couple days ago of a Heart Attack. He was doing PT, but it wasn't like a 12 mile Ruck March/Run or anything. He was a friend of my son (his unit) He said he saw the Medivac go out but thought it might be Training Nope.
My other Army son also knew him from Ft. Knox a year or so ago.
Our Army is Small....they all know each other....
@JR in KY, Sorry to hear about the loss of your sons friend.

Seriously, the long term cost of slavery was 1000 times the savings of free labor.
My grandmother talked about hearing the stories passed down from her ancestors about the family farmland in the Blood River bottoms of Calloway County. A few wealthy large scale landowners had slave labor but the vast majority of the citizens couldn’t afford the $25K average price a slave cost in today’s $. Yes, $25K. They cleared the land and worked their own fingers to the bone farming it and never owned a damn slave. That’s how it was for the vast majority of white farmers.

Last edited:

bigbonner

12 pointer
Aug 5, 2015
When I was a teenager, I helped my uncle strip tobacco.
At that farm there was a big building and places where they would shackle slaves. There was a long outhouse with several poop holes in it.
There was nothing dividing the holes to give any privacy to a slave . If I remember correctly there was eight or ten holes in the outhouse.

Meatstick

12 pointer
Oct 25, 2013
Washington County
At that farm there was a big building and places where they would shackle slaves. There was a long outhouse with several poop holes in it.
There was nothing dividing the holes to give any privacy to a slave . If I remember correctly there was eight or ten holes in the outhouse.
Hell, I got a 2 holer at my hunting cabin in Taylor county, and we eat like kings there.
That 10 holer slave chit house don't scare me none.

KY_Fried

12 pointer
Nov 13, 2003
Foster, KY, USA.
My dad lived in an orphanage in Louisville for a few years as a kid and he told me about a very similar outhouse they had to use.

Last edited: