Whats wrong with this picture?????

1wildcatfan

12 pointer
Jan 2, 2009
raised n Bullitt Co.
Drive through food bank. Nice vehicles in line. Wonder how much car payments and insurance cost em????
Screenshot_20220813-082022_Fox News.jpg

HeadedWest

10 pointer
Nov 22, 2016
Whats the message here? Was this during Covid?

Those vehicles look like your standard early 2000’s-2010 to me…nothing crazy. Banks probably own them.

muddhunter

12 pointer
Oct 18, 2005
louisville
Drive through food bank. Nice vehicles in line. Wonder how much car payments and insurance cost em????
View attachment 103677
I get your point and man do these systems get abused, but a lot of times these meals are being picked up by volunteers and churches and such. Hopefully that’s what it is. I’d like to think that if you have something nice to drive and are able bodied you ought to be able to find food to put on the table. Probably wishful thinking on my part.

1wildcatfan

12 pointer
Jan 2, 2009
raised n Bullitt Co.
I get your point and man do these systems get abused, but a lot of times these meals are being picked up by volunteers and churches and such. Hopefully that’s what it is. I’d like to think that if you have something nice to drive and are able bodied you ought to be able to find food to put on the table. Probably wishful thinking on my part.
Hope you're right, I just don't have as much faith in fellow mankind.

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
No different than all schools giving free lunches. It used to be for the kids that needed it. Now show up and you eat free. I think they do it so no one will be embarrassed and the government loves to throw their pets some crumbs.
Some have brought back paying for lunch this year. We do at my daughter’s school. But nope still free at most of them. We didn’t have squat growing up and I still paid for lunch.

Redlined

12 pointer
Sep 23, 2005
In The Tree Next To Ya
Some have brought back paying for lunch this year. We do at my daughter’s school. But nope still free at most of them. We didn’t have squat growing up and I still paid for lunch.
Same, we didn't have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of but Mom always give me money to pay for all of us kids' lunches every Monday morning. I had to learn how to spell everybody's name really early on because I got the privilege of being the one to fill out lunch cards...

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
I didnt not even know about this. Let me guess, this started during covid
If you’re referring to the school lunch thing, pretty much all schools had it free during Covid. There was a program that started even before Covid where schools in low poverty areas got it free for all kids. It’s referred to as CEP or Community Eligibility Provision. The issue there is just like people taking advantage of welfare. You could be a kid from a rich family and still get free lunch if you attend one of these schools. Then right across town some kid barely above the qualifying level is paying for lunch. Political BS for sure.

Latest posts