winchester power point

WaterDog88

12 pointer
Jul 28, 2008
Kentucky
I shoot core locks in my -06 which are similar to the power points. Most hit in the chest cavity don’t exit. I usually find them just under the hide on the off hand side in a perfect mushroom. The ones that do exit have tended to be hit a little further back where they didn’t go through as much muscle and bone.

captfire

6 pointer
Oct 13, 2015
i dont have to have exit hole iam just saying its the first time useing the power points that i didnt have an exit i dont care if it exits are not as long as it puts the deer on the ground....

muddhunter

12 pointer
Oct 18, 2005
louisville
i dont have to have exit hole iam just saying its the first time useing the power points that i didnt have an exit i dont care if it exits are not as long as it puts the deer on the ground....
I don’t have an answer why you didn’t have an exit but am curious. Did you find the bullet? Do you know where it ended up? I find most of my 12guage slugs under the skin of off side shoulder. Don’t know why the skin keeps it from exiting. Happened more than several times.

Little FR

12 pointer
Nov 10, 2021
West Kentucky
I don’t have an answer why you didn’t have an exit but am curious. Did you find the bullet? Do you know where it ended up? I find most of my 12guage slugs under the skin of off side shoulder. Don’t know why the skin keeps it from exiting. Happened more than several times.
A mushroomed out slug isn’t going to poke through tough malleable skin easily. It stretches a fair bit. Next time you skin one try to shove your finger through the hide.

Cornpile

12 pointer
Dec 1, 2006
Kornfield County,KY
Heres one,,, my buddies uncle shot with a 375 H AND H using power points. Blowed his rib cage out,,,LOL
375.jpg

captfire

6 pointer
Oct 13, 2015
a little on my update . yes i found my bullet it was in the shoulder on the other side the should bone stoped it .

captfire

6 pointer
Oct 13, 2015
he ran about 30 yards towards me stop and fell over rolled around about 2 min. and that was it . i sat in my stand and watched all ...

Latest posts